Zygmunt Janiec, graduale, Warsaw University. Studied political science and management. In a long scientific career was engaged both in scientific, as well as in scientific-didactical work (assistant at the Warsaw University, assistant and Assistant professor at the SGGW (Warsaw University of Life Sciences), Assistant professor at the Polish Institute of International Affairs. Practical assignments: Chaired Plon, a construction and housing cooperative in Warsaw, Director General in the Chamber of Foreign Investors, Polish Trade Counsellor in the Middle East and Los Angeles, an employee in the Polish Sejm (parliament). Practical jobs and knowledge are instrumental in his didactical work. Lectured in Sweden, the Netherlands, Turkey.
Key areas of scientific interest:
– The European Union diplomacy, including Asian countries,
– The US foreign policy in Europe and in Asia
– Changes occurring in the regulating systems of global economy
– International economic promotion
– Foreign policy of Great Britain, with a special emphasis upon European integration